Hello, in this article we will explain in detail and illustrate How to log out of Twitter. If you wish, we will start right now. We will explain in Illustrated and detailed how to do this for you. All you have to do is follow the specified steps.
Log out of Twitter from your PC
If you are a person with a laptop, who frequently uses the PC in public places, it is important that you have as a security measure the closing of your Twitter session. You never know when a situation of theft or loss of equipment occurs. Also, it is important if you are used to using cybercafé, or you go to third party equipment. Learn how to log out of Twitter on your computer, with these simple and short steps:
- Being on the main page of Twitter, with the session started. Click on the profile image in the upper right corner.
- In the drop down menu, look for the option to log out.
- You click, and voila. You are off Twitter.
For more cautions, look for the key icon in Chrome’s search bar. Deactivate saved login data, so that no one else enters with that data archived by a computer that does not belong to you, or yours after suffering a theft or loss.
Close the Twitter session from mobile
In the case of the mobile, the precautions are given by similar scenarios, since you may suffer a theft or loss of your mobile while being logged in to Twitter. It can also happen that you use a mobile that does not belong to you, and you forget to log out before leaving it exposed to the owner of the mobile. Follow the next steps:
- Log in to the Twitter app.
- Touch the upper right corner on the screen, on your profile photo.
- In the drop-down menu, click on “settings“
- You will see the different accounts that are open within the app, choose yours.
- Swipe to the bottom of an options menu, until you find the “Sign out” box.
- You click, and voila. Mobile Twitter session closed.
An advantage of the mobile app is that you can close different accounts simultaneously. It will be much better for your safety, if you are one of the people who have different accounts on the social network.
Bonus tip: Delete your Twitter data after public use
Apart from logging out of your device, to one or different accounts, it doesn’t hurt to delete your account data. Follow these steps:
- Click with the session started, on the configuration option.
- Then, enter the “Twitter” option.
- In case you have multiple accounts, choose the one you want to delete.
- Click on “delete account”. Do not worry, because this is not the closure or cancellation of the account, it is only a deletion of data that may compromise you in cases of intruders in your session.